On 04/01/2015 12:13 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
The only possible issue I see on reading the patches is that these are
treated differently for dependencies than other regFOO types. Rather
than create a dependency if a value is used in a default expression, an
error is raised if one is found. Are we OK with that?
Why would it be a good idea to act differently from the others?

I have no idea.

It was mentioned here <http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150218.174231.125293096.horiguchi.kyot...@lab.ntt.co.jp> but nobody seems to have commented. I'm not sure why it was done like this. Adding the dependencies seems to be no harder than raising the exception. I think we can kick this back to the author to fix.

cheers

andrew