On 08/04/15 06:59, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:37 PM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
On 2015-04-07 16:30:25 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
And with temp tables (or much more extremely WITH OID tables)
and such it's not that hard to reach that point.

Oh, and obviously toast data. A couple tables with toasted columns is
also a good way to rapidly consume oids.

You are forgetting as well large objects on the stack, when client
application does not assign an OID by itself.

And you guys are not getting my point. What I proposed was to not reuse the RI id immediately because that can make debugging issues with replication/conflict handling harder when something happens after cluster configuration has changed. Whether it's done using Oid or some other way, I don't really care and wrapping around eventually is ok, since the old origin info for transactions will be cleared out during the freeze at the latest anyway.