On 4/24/15 6:29 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 9:28 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
The reason nobody's gotten around to that in the last fifteen years is
that per-process rusage isn't actually all that interesting; there's
too much that happens in background daemons, for instance.

There's *some* stuff that happens in background daemons, but if you
want to measure user and system time consume by a particularly query,
this would actually be a pretty handy way to do that, I think.

I more often am wondering what a running backend is doing OS-wise, but being able to see what happened when it finished would definitely be better than what's available now.