Hi all,

I’m wondering if there are other people out there working on implementing SQL
ASSERTION functionality?

I’ve recently spent a bit of time looking to implement the execution models
described in “Applied Mathematics for Database Professionals” by Toon
Koppelaars and Lex de Haan.  I’ve gotten as far as execution model 3 and am now
looking at deriving polarity of involved tables to do EM4 (described in some
detail in “Deriving Production Rules for Constraint Maintenance”, Ceri & Widom,
VLDB Conference 1990, p555-577). EM5 & EM6 look rather more difficult but I’m
intending to try and implement those, too.

If there are other people working on this stuff it would be great to
collaborate.

Regards.
-Joe