On 05/28/2015 04:05 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

On 05/28/2015 12:35 PM, Stephen Frost wrote:
JD,

What we would need for this is an 'extensions' directory, or similar,
and a clear definition of what the requirements are around getting into
it are.  With that, we could decide for each module currently in contrib
if it should go into the 'extensions' directory.  I'm not sure that we
would necessairly have to remove the contrib module or any modules which
are deemed to not be appropriate for the 'extensions' directory.

I am suggesting that things like citext be made a type proper. No install required.

This seems to come up regularly. Maybe we should put it in an FAQ somewhere. The barriers to making non-core types into core types are very very high, possibly insurmountable. This is pretty much not an option.

cheers

andrew