On 5/26/15 7:55 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
On 05/26/2015 08:45 AM, Srinivas Karthik V wrote:
       For the user created indexes in PostgreSQL 8.3.6, I would like
to know which file or function populates the index data structure.
Specifically, where in the code is index->tuples and index->pages
values are fetched and updated.

8.3 is long out of support. Please move to a modern supported version of
PostgreSQL.

If that's not an option your best bet is looking for where that data structure is used in code, either via grep or something like http://doxygen.postgresql.org/index.html (that doesn't appear to support anything but HEAD, but I know there's other sites out there that provide similar tools for our code.)