On 06/05/2015 01:39 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM, Peter Geoghegan <p...@heroku.com> wrote:
But I agree that it's not a great contribution to science, especially since
the index will be applied to the list of elements in the somewhat
counter-intuitive storage order we use, and we could just raise an error if
we try to apply integer delete to an object instead of an array.
Cool. Do you want to write a patch, or should I?

Also, what about negative array subscripting (making the 9.4-era
"operator jsonb -> integer" operator support that for consistency with
the new "operator jsonb - integer" operator)? Should I write the
patch? Will you commit it if I do?
Please let me know if you want me to write these two patches.

Send the first one, I'm still thinking about the second one.

cheers

andrew