On 06/30/2015 02:18 AM, Jeff Janes wrote:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:

I just pushed a fix for this, but unfortunately it didn't make it
9.5alpha1.

Thanks.  I think that that fixed it.  It survived for over an hour this
time.

Thanks. I grepped through all the other call sites of XLogInitBufferForRedo() to look for similar bugs, and sure enough, there was one more bug of the same sort, in B-tree page deletion. That one was in 9.4 as well. Fixed that too, and added an assertion into PageGetSpecialPointer() that would help to catch this sort of bugs earlier in the future.

- Heikki