On 06/15/2015 09:12 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

v3 rebase (after pgbench moved to src/bin) and minor style tweaking.

v4 adds a fix to another progress timing issue:

Currently if pgbench/postgres get stuck somewhere, the report catches up
by repeating progresses several time in a row, which looks like that:

    progress: 10.0 s ...
    progress: 11.0 s ... stuck...
    progress: 14.2 s catchup for 11.0 -> 14.2
    progress: 14.2 s stupid data
    progress: 14.2 s stupid data
    progress: 15.0 s ...
    progress: 16.0 s ...

The correction removes the "stupid data" lines which compute a reports on
a very short time, including absurd tps figures.

Yet again, shame on me in the first place for this behavior.

Thanks, applied. I chose to also backpatch this, although arguably this is a change in behaviour that would not be good to change in a minor version. However, progress reports are a very user-facing feature, it's not going to break anyone's scripts.

- Heikki