On 04/21/2015 04:02 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:33 PM, Asif Naeem <anaeem...@gmail.com> wrote:

The v2 patch looks good to me, just a minor concern on usage message i.e.

C:\PG\postgresql\src\tools\msvc>install
Invalid command line options.
Usage: "install.bat <targetdir> [installtype]"
installtype: client

It seems that there are two install options i.e. client, all (any other
string other than client is being considered or treated as all), the
following install command works i.e.

install C:\PG\postgresql\inst option_does_not_exist

As your patch effects this area of code, I thought to share these findings
with you,o BTW, it is a minor thing that can be handled in another patch,

Well, that's the same behavior that this script has been having for ages.
Let's just update the usage message to mention both "all" and "client". I
see no point in breaking a behavior that has been like that for ages, and
the main point of this patch is to fix the install path issue.

Hmm. Why is install.bat not like build.bat, i.e. just a thin wrapper that just calls install.pl, passing all arguments?

- Heikki