On 07/17/2015 08:20 AM, Shulgin, Oleksandr wrote:

> This patch makes Postgres core more complex

Yes, it does. But, that was not the purpose, obviously. :-)

> while not really solving the problem in Javascript.

It still allows for less risk of silent data corruption on the js side.

I have already pointed out how this patch is fundamentally broken. You can achieve your aims by a fairly small amount of code inside your logical decoder, and with no core code changes whatsoever. So I'm puzzled why we are even still debating this broken design.

cheers

andrew