On 7/30/15 7:33 AM, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
2) Generating notices for every dead tuple would be too noisy. I suggest
to replace notice with one of debug levels.

+ elog(NOTICE, "gistkillitems. Mark Item Dead offnum %hd, blkno %d",
offnum, BufferGetBlockNumber(buffer));

Even that seems like pretty serious overkill. vacuumlazy.c doesn't have anything like that, and I don't think the BTree code does either. If you were debugging something and actually needed it I'd say drop in a temporary printf().