On 5 August 2015 at 18:46, Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> What do others think?

Wow, everything moves when you blink, eh? Sorry I was wasn't watching this.
Mainly because I was working on some other related thoughts, separate post
coming.

1. Most importantly, it needs to be somewhere where we can use the function
in a regression test. As I said before, I would not commit this without a
formal proof of correctness.

2. I'd also like to be able to make checks on this while we're in
production, to ensure we have no bugs. I was trying to learn from earlier
mistakes and make sure we are ready with diagnostic tools to allow run-time
checks and confirm everything is good. If people feel that means I've asked
for something in the wrong place, I am happy to skip that request and place
it wherever requested.

<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>