On 8/24/15 3:04 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
    (1) there is no reason to believe that the db name and only the db name
    is needed to do another connection; what about port, host, user, etc?

I have to agree - the possibilities is much more than database name - so
one option is not good idea.

What I've had problems with is trying to correlate psql specified connection attributes with things like DBI. It would be nice if there was a way to get a fully formed connection URI for the current connection.