On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 01:28:49PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> If it allows us to get rid of our custom MSVC scripts, it's a huge
> benefit, for sure -- that has been a huge pain in the neck since day
> one.

Moreover, I suggest beginning with a patch that replaces the src/tools/msvc
build system with CMake.  One can test almost all Windows configurations using
two machines, so author and reviewer can test most everything.  src/tools/msvc
has more defects than the GNU make build system, so the minimum-quality
acceptable replacement is easier to deliver.  With CMake driving all MSVC
builds, it would be much easier to gradually extend to other platforms.

Thanks,
nm