On 10/15/2015 05:16 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
On 10/15/2015 01:10 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
I think this means that we should get rid of proc->globals and instead
manufacture a new globals dict locally in each call to PLy_exec_function
or PLy_exec_trigger.  For SETOF functions it would be necessary to keep
the globals dict reference somewhere in the FunctionCallInfo struct,
probably.  Not sure about cleaning up after an error that occurs between
SETOF callbacks --- we might need plpython to grow an at-abort callback to
do decref's on unreleased dicts.
Don't people currently specifically treat the state of the globals dict
as a feature?  That is, make use of the fact that you can store
session-persistent data in it?

That was the thinking behind plperl's %_SHARED, and I assume this is similar.

cheers

andrew