On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 9:12 PM, Thomas Munro <thomas.mu...@enterprisedb.com
> wrote:

> Thanks for taking a look at this!  The word count returned by
> get_previous_words was incorrect.  Here is a corrected version.

I haven't looked at v6 yet, but in v5:

"set work_mem TO" completes to "NULL" not to "DEFAULT"

line 2665 of the patched tab complete file,, should be "DEFAULT", not
"NULL" as the completion string.  Looks like a simple copy and paste error.

For the bigger picture, I don't think we should not apply this patch simply
because there is something even better we might theoretically do at some
point in the future.   Having used it a little bit, I do agree with Robert
that it is not a gigantic improvement over the current situation, as the
code it replaces is largely mechanical boilerplate.  But I think it is
enough of an improvement that we should go ahead with it.

Cheers,

Jeff