On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:48 PM, konstantin knizhnik
<k.knizh...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> I want to use logical replication for implementing multimaster (so all nodes
> are both sending and receiving changes).
> But there is one "stupid" problem: how to prevent infinite recursion and not
> to rereplicate replicated data.
> I.e. node receives change set from some other node, applies it within some
> transaction, it is  written to the log and ... is replicated to other nodes.
> In my experiments with receiver_raw/decoder_raw infinite recursion actually
> doesn't happen because unique constraint violation.
> But it is neither nice, neither efficient way of stopping infinite recursion.
>
> I wonder if there is some better way to prevent some particular transaction
> from been replicated?

What you are looking for to prevent this infinite recursion is the
concept of replication origin:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/replication-origins.html

Regarding receiver_raw/decoder_raw, I never got around to use that and
prevent the problem you are seeing :) But patches are welcome if
provided.
Regards,
--
Michael