On 11/24/15 7:46 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 5:39 PM, Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> wrote:
Another not-uncommon case is IN ( '1', '2', ... , '2342' ); in other words,
treating an integer as text. A lot of frameworks like to do that and just
push the problem onto the database. I'm not sure what pg_stat_statements
would ultimately see in that case..

They do?

postgres=# select 5::int4 in ('5');
  ?column?
(1 row)

postgres=# select 5::int4 in ('5a');
ERROR:  22P02: invalid input syntax for integer: "5a"
LINE 1: select 5::int4 in ('5a');
                            ^

I'm not following your point. Obviously you can't compare int to text that doesn't convert back to an int, but that's not what I was talking about.