On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not only does this build only one copy of the hash table instead of N
> copies, but we can parallelize the hash table construction itself by
> having all workers insert in parallel, which is pretty cool.

Hm. The case where you don't want parallel building of the hash table
might be substantially simpler. You could build a hash table and then
copy it into shared memory as single contiguous read-only data
structure optimized for lookups. I have an inkling that there are even
ways of marking the memory as being read-only and not needing cache
synchronization.

--
greg