"Paragon Corporation" <l...@pcorp.us> writes:
>> Yes.  The FDW author is not expected to implement those clauses; where do
>> you see documentation saying otherwise?

> I didn't. I was copying the postgres_fdw and noticed it implemented them
> directly.

Ah.  I believe that's mostly just an efficiency hack (and a fairly trivial
one too, at least in postgres_fdw's case).  I suppose there might be an
argument that if we don't exclude tables at this stage, we could get a
parse-time failure from features not supported on the local server, which
would be unexpected if the user had told us to skip such tables.  But that
seems a bit implausible.

I'll go add a comment about this though, to clarify matters for the
next person.