Hi,

On 12/16/2015 08:27 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

Hello Tomas,

I'm planning to do some thorough benchmarking of the patches proposed
in this thread, on various types of hardware (10k SAS drives and
SSDs). But is that actually needed? I see Andres did some testing, as
he posted summary of the results on 11/12, but I don't see any actual
results or even info about what benchmarks were done (pgbench?).

If yes, do we only want to compare 0001-ckpt-14-andres.patch against
master, or do we need to test one of the previous Fabien's patches?

My 0.02€,

Although I disagree with some aspects of Andres patch, I'm not a
committer and I'm tired of arguing. I'm just planing to do minor changes
to Andres version to fix a potential issue if the file is closed which
flushing is in progress, but that will not change the overall shape of it.

So testing on Andres version seems relevant to me.

The patch no longer applies to master. Can someone rebase it?

regards