Hello Andres,

Hello Tomas.

Ooops, sorry Andres, I mixed up the thread in my head so was not clear who was asking the questions to whom.

I was/am using ext4, and it turns out that, when abling flushing, the
results are hugely dependant on barriers=on/off, with the latter making
flushing rather advantageous. Additionally data=ordered/writeback makes
measureable difference too.

These are very interesting tests, I'm looking forward to have a look at the results.

The fact that these options change performance is expected. Personnaly the test I submitted on the thread used ext4 with default mount options plus "relatime".

I confirm that: nothing special but "relatime" on ext4 on my test host.

If I had a choice, I would tend to take the safest options, because the point of a database is to keep data safe. That's why I'm not found of the "synchronous_commit=off" chosen above.

"found" -> "fond". I confirm this opinion. If you have BBU on you disk/raid system probably playing with some of these options is safe, though. Not the case with my basic hardware.

--
Fabien.