On 02/13/2016 05:37 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
So, I suggest the following changes to the defaults:
wal_level=hot_standby
max_wal_senders=10
max_replication_slots=10

10 seems a bit high. I would think that max_wal_senders and
max_replication_slots set at 3 are sufficient enough, giving enough
room for simple deployments willing to use replication.

Q. Is there a demonstrable, noticeable downside to 10?
A. No

Great, let's make it easier for everyone.

+1

And in pg_hba.conf, we enable the replication connections by default for the
superuser on local/localhost.

+1 on that.

+1

JD