On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.harib...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I tried replacing the random() with PostmaterRandom() for a test and it
worked.
> This is generating different random values, so the issue is not occurring.
>
> "Global/PostgreSQL.2115609797"
>
> I feel, we should add the the data directory path + the random number to
> generate the name for dynamic shared memory, this can fix problem.

As mentioned above, I think if we can investigate why this error is
generated, that will be helpful.  Currently the code ensures that if the
segment already exists, it should retry to create a segment with other name
(refer dsm_impl_windows()), so the point of investigation is, why it is not
going via that path?  I am guessing due to some reason CreateFileMapping()
is returning NULL in this case whereas ideally it should return the
existing handle with an error ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.