Hi,
Thank you very much for committing this feature.

Some minor typos need to fix.
+/*-----------
 + * pgstat_progress_start_command() -
 + *
 + * Set st_command in own backend entry.  Also, zero-initialize
 + * st_progress_param array.
 + *-----------
 + */
In the description we need to use st_progress_command instead of st_command.

 + * pgstat_progress_end_command() -
 + *
 + * Update index'th member in st_progress_param[] of own backend entry.
 + */
Here also need to change the description.

Regards,
Vinayak Pokale