On 10/03/16 13:43, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 7:56 PM, Petr Jelinek <p...@2ndquadrant.com
<mailto:p...@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I wonder why you define the gidlen as uint32 when it would fit into
    uint8 which in the current TwoPhaseFileHeader struct should be win
    of  8 bytes on padding (on 64bit). I think that's something worth
    considering given that this patch aims to lower the size of the data.

Hi Petr,

That sounds like a good idea; I didn't think about that. I would like to
make it uint16 though just in case if we decide to increase GIDSIZE from
200 to something more than 256 (Postgres-XL does that already). That
still fits in the same aligned width, on both 32 as well as 64-bit
machines. New version attached.

Correct, and I see Simon committed it like this in meantime, thanks.