On 10/03/16 09:57, Dilip Kumar wrote:

On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Petr Jelinek <p...@2ndquadrant.com
<mailto:p...@2ndquadrant.com>> wrote:

Thanks for the comments..

    Hmm, why did you remove the comment above the call to
    UnlockRelationForExtension?

While re factoring I lose this comment.. Fixed it

    It still seems relevant, maybe with some minor modification?

    Also there is a bit of whitespace mess inside the conditional lock
    block.

Fixed

I got the result of 10 mins run so posting it..
Note: Base code results are copied from up thread...

Results For 10 Mins run of COPY 10000 records of size 4 bytes script and
configuration are same as used in up thread

Client    Base    Patch
1            105    111
2            217    246
4            210    428
8            166    653
16          145    808
32          124    988
64            ---    974

Results For 10 Mins run of INSERT 1000 records of size 1024 bytes(data
don't fits in shared buffer)

Client    Base    Patch
1            117    120
2            111    126
4             51     130
8             43     147
16           40     209
32           ---      254
64           ---      205

Those look good. The patch looks good in general now. I am bit scared by the lockWaiters * 20 as it can result in relatively big changes in rare corner cases when for example a lot of backends were waiting for lock on relation and suddenly all try to extend it. I wonder if we should clamp it to something sane (although what's sane today might be small in couple of years).