On 24/03/16 07:04, Dilip Kumar wrote:

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com
<mailto:robertmh...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Amit Kapila
    <amit.kapil...@gmail.com <mailto:amit.kapil...@gmail.com>> wrote:
    > RecordAndGetPageWithFreeSpace() tries to search from the oldPage passed to
    > it, rather than from top, so even if  RecordPageWithFreeSpace() doesn't
    > update till root, it will be able to search the newly added page.  I agree
    > with whatever you have said in another mail that we should introduce a new
    > API to do a more targeted search for such cases.

    OK, let's do that, then.

Ok, I have added new API which just find the free block from and start
search from last given page.

1. I have named the new function as GetPageWithFreeSpaceUsingOldPage, I
don't like this name, but I could not come up with any better, Please
suggest one.

GetNearestPageWithFreeSpace? (although not sure that's accurate description, maybe Nearby would be better)