On 25 January 2016 at 14:25, Craig Ringer <cr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> I'd like to get failover slots in place for 9.6 since the're fairly
> self-contained and meet an immediate need: allowing replication using slots
> (physical or logical) to follow a failover event.

I'm a bit confused about this now.

We seem to have timeline following, yet no failover slot. How do we now
follow a failover event?

There are many and varied users of logical decoding now and a fix is
critically important for 9.6.

Do all decoding plugins need to write their own support code??

Please explain how we cope without this, so if a problem remains we can fix
by the freeze.

<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>