On 2016/04/18 17:31, Amit Langote wrote:
Is the following description now outdated:

"ForeignPath represents a potential scan of a foreign table"

Considering that there now exists FdwRoutine.GetForeignJoinPaths() whose
product is nothing else but a ForeignPath, should it now say (patch attached):

"ForeignPath represents a potential scan of foreign table(s)"

Or something better.

I think it'd be better to match the comment with that for create_foreignscan_path(). So how about "ForeignPath represents a potential scan of a foreign table, foreign join, or foreign upper-relation processing"? I think we would probably need to update the comment in src/backend/optimizer/README (L358), too.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita