On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Aleksander Alekseev <
a.aleks...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> > I guess since the usual answer for compression was "use what SSL
> > provides you for free", it's rather unlikely that someone bothered to
> > make a proxy just for that purpose, and really, a proxy is just
> > another moving part in your setup: not everyone will be thrilled to
> > add that.
>
> It just doesn't sound like a feature that should be implemented
> separately for every single application that uses TCP. Granted TCP proxy
> is not the most convenient way to solve a task. Maybe it could be
> implemented in OpenVPN

Which is another moving part with its own setup and maintenance overhead.

> or on Linux TCP/IP stack level.

Yes, but if you want to have both compression and encryption it is crucial
to apply compression *before* encryption and I don't see how this can
happen with this approach.

--
Alex