On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi.kyot...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> assign_s_s_names causes SEGV when it is called without calling
> check_s_s_names. I think that's not the case for this varialbe
> because it is unresettable amid a session. It is very uneasy for
> me but I don't see a proper means to reset
> syncrep_parse_result.

Is it because syncrep_parse_result is not freed after creating a copy of it
in assign_synchronous_standby_names()?  If it so, then I think we need to
call SyncRepFreeConfig(syncrep_parse_result); in
assign_synchronous_standby_names at below place:

+ /* Copy the parsed config into TopMemoryContext if exists */

+ if (syncrep_parse_result)

+ SyncRepConfig = SyncRepCopyConfig(syncrep_parse_result);

Could you please explain how to trigger the scenario where you have seen
SEGV?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.