On 04/24/2016 11:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
OK, here's my final version of the patch, which I will apply in 24 hours
or so unless there is an objection.
+#pragma warning(push)
+#pragma warning(disable : 4091)
  #include <dbghelp.h>
+#pragma warning(pop)
Hmm ... does this pragma work on *every* compiler we're going to use
on Windows?  I'm afraid that trying to suppress a warning in VS2015
is going to result in outright failure with other compilers.

According to my research it works on all the MSVC versions we support. I didn't research the others (i.e. gcc), but we already use the pragma in float.c without ill effect. Isn't the way #pragma works that compilers that don't understand the particular pragma are just supposed to ignore it?

cheers

andrew