On Thursday, May 12, 2016, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','t...@sss.pgh.pa.us');>> wrote:

> So what I've wanted to do for some time is invent a new expression node
> type that represents any one of these functions and can be reverse-listed
> in the same format that the input had.  The attached proposed patch does
> that.  (I'm not particularly in love with the node type name
> ValueFunction; anybody got a better idea?)

SQL99DateTimeFunction (or roughly whenever they were introduced)?

I agree with the premise.  I took notice of it recently in explain output
on these lists using current_date.  That example read like
('now'::cstring)::date which was really odd since I was at least expecting
text as the intermediate cast...

David J.