On 5/31/16 2:02 PM, Josh berkus wrote:
I get where you're coming from, but I think Haas's query plan output is
going to show us the confusion we're going to get.  So we need to either
change the parameter, the explain output, or brace ourselves for endless
repeated questions.

Changing the explain output doesn't sound so bad to me.

The users' problem is that the parameter setting ought to match the EXPLAIN output.

The developers' problem is that the EXPLAIN output actually corresponds to leader + (N-1) workers internally.

I think we can hope that developers are going to be less confused about that than users.