On 06/24/2016 09:26 AM, Steve Crawford wrote:
My observation has been that the PostgreSQL development group aims for
correctness and the elimination of surprising results. This was part of
the reason to eliminate a number of automatic casts to dates in earlier
versions.

To me, 2016-02-30 is an invalid date that should generate an error.
Automatically and silently changing it to be 2016-03-01 strikes me as a
behavior I'd expect from a certain other open-source database, not
PostgreSQL.

I don't think anybody could argue with that in good faith.

Sincerely,

JD

                        +1-503-667-4564