On 24/06/16 14:23, Flavius Anton wrote:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 2:54 PM, Flavius Anton <f.v.an...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 1:50 PM, Greg Stark <st...@mit.edu> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Flavius Anton <f.v.an...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd love to talk more about this.
I thought quite a bit about this a few years ago but never really
picked up it to work on.
Any other thoughts on this? My guess is that it might be an important
addition to Postgres that can attract even more users, but I am not
sure if there's enough interest from the community. If I want to pick
this task, how should I move forward? Do I need to write a design
document or similar or should I come up with a patch that implements a
draft prototype? I am new to this community and don't know the code
yet, so I'd appreciate some guidance from an older, more experienced
member.

Other than protobuf, there are also other serialization formats that might be worth considering. Not too long ago I suggested working specifically on serialization formas for the json/jsonb types: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/56CB8A62.40100%408kdata.com I believe this effort is on the same boat.

    Álvaro

--

Álvaro Hernández Tortosa