On 8/6/16 12:03 PM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
    It would be very useful if we had some way to warn users about stuff
    like this. Emitting a NOTICE comes to mind.

This can be valid query

Right, but in my experience it's an extremely uncommon pattern and much more likely to be a mistake (that ends up being very time consuming to debug). That's why I think something like a NOTICE or even a WARNING would be useful. The only thing I don't like about that idea is if you ever did actually want this behavior you'd have to do something to squash the ereport. Though, that's a problem we already have in some places, so perhaps not worth worrying about.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461