Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> So I think in the short term what we should do about this is just fix
> it so it doesn't crash.

Well, we clearly need to fix GetOldestSnapshot so it won't crash,
but I do not think that having RETURNING queries randomly returning
"ERROR: no known snapshots" is acceptable even for a beta release.
If we aren't prepared to do something about that before Monday,
I think we need to revert 3e2f3c2e until we do have a fix for it.

What I suggested just now in <2850.1470592...@sss.pgh.pa.us> might
be implementable with a couple hours' work, though.  Do you have a
reason to think it'd be insufficient?