On 2016-08-10 11:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Oh, I see ... so there's an update chain, and you're updating a earlier
tuple.  But the later tuple has a multixact and one of the members is
the current transaction.

I wonder how can you lock a tuple that's not the latest, where that
update chain was produced by your own transaction.  I suppose this is
because of plpgsql use of cursors.

There's a rolled back subtransaction that also did some magic on the rows AFAICT. I can try and spend some time producing a smaller test case over the weekend. No hurry since this missed the today's point release anyway.

.m