Hi All,
When I am calling dsm_create on Linux using the POSIX DSM implementation can
succeed, but result in SIGBUS when later try to access the memory.  This
happens because of my system does not have enough shm space &  current
allocation in dsm_impl_posix does not allocate disk blocks[1]. I wonder can we
use fallocate system call (i.e. Zero-fill the file) to ensure that all the file
space has really been allocated, so that we don't later seg fault when
accessing the memory mapping. But here we will endup by loop calling ‘write’
squillions of times.
Thoughts/Suggestions ?
Similar post:  [1]
http://uk.comp.os.linux.narkive.com/Ve44sO4i/shared-memory-problem-no-space-at-dev-shm-causes-sigbus