On 8/15/16 10:12 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Jim Nasby <jim.na...@bluetreble.com> writes:
Any reason why we can create a function that accepts anyelement and
returns anyarray, but can't do the same with anyrange?

Because there can be more than one range type over the same element
type, so we couldn't deduce which one should be used for anyrange.

The other direction (inferring anyelement from anyrange) does work.

Is there an actual use case for that? I'm not seeing what it would be...
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461