On 08/18/2016 03:45 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinn...@iki.fi> wrote:
Let's take the opportunity and also move src/backend/libpq/ip.c and md5.c
into src/common. It would be weird to have sha.c in src/common, but md5.c in
src/backend/libpq. Looking at ip.c, it could be split into two: some of the
functions in ip.c are clearly not needed in the client, like enumerating all
interfaces.

It would be definitely better to do all that before even moving sha.c.

Agreed.

For the current ip.c, I don't have a better idea than putting in
src/common/ip.c the set of routines used by both the frontend and
backend, and have fe_ip.c the new file that has the frontend-only
things. Need a patch?

Yes, please. I don't think there's anything there that's needed by only the frontend, but some of the functions are needed by only the backend. So I think we'll end up with src/common/ip.c, and src/backend/libpq/be-ip.c. (Not sure about those names, pick something that makes sense, given what's left in the files.)

- Heikki