PL/R compiles and installs ok on my OS X 10.2.4, the corresponding line is

gcc -traditional-cpp -g -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations  -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress plr.o
pg_conversion.o pg_backend_support.o pg_userfuncs.o pg_rsupport.o -L/sw/lib
-L/sw/lib/R/bin -lR   -o libplr.so.0.0

adam

believed to be clean.