On 04/09/16 06:41, Vik Fearing wrote:
Here is a patch that adds the notion of a data type to a sequence.  So
it might be CREATE SEQUENCE foo AS integer.  The types are restricted to
int{2,4,8} as now.
This patch does not apply cleanly to current master (=600dc4c).

Must admit I first thought of: "2, 4, 8, who do we appreciate!"

MORE SERIOUSLY:

Would a possibly future expansion be to include numeric?

Of hand, I can't see any value for using other than integers of 2, 4, & 8 bytes (not a criticism! - may simply be a failure of imagination on my part).

I am curious as to the use cases for other possibilities.

Cheers,
Gavin