I developed a minimally invasive patch for C++ support a few years ago
shortly after I wrote that blog post.  Since there appears to have been
some interest here now, I have updated that and split it up into logical
chunks.

So here you go.

Looking at this with the POV of what would make sense, even if we don't care about C++.

The patches are numbered approximately in increasing order of dubiosity.
 So 0001 is probably a straight bug fix, 0002 and 0003 are arguably
minor bug fixes as well.  The patches through 0012 can probably be
considered for committing in some form.  After that it gets a bit hackish.

0001-0003 look clear to me as well. 0006 - 0009 also seem OK. The rest really only make sense if we decided to make the switch to C++.

- Heikki