On 2016/09/26 20:20, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2016/09/26 18:06, Ashutosh Bapat wrote:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

ISTM that the use of the same RTI for subqueries in multi-levels in a
remote
SQL makes the SQL a bit difficult to read.  How about using the position
of
the join rel in join_rel_list, (more precisely, the position plus
list_length(root->parse->rtable)), instead?

We switch to hash table to maintain the join RelOptInfos when the
number of joins grows larger, where the position won't make much
sense.

That's right, but we still store the joinrel into join_rel_list after
creating that hash table.

As the list grows, it will take
longer to locate the RelOptInfo of the given join. Doing that for
creating an alias seems an overkill.

The join rel is appended to the end of the list, so I was thinking to get the position info by list_length during postgresGetForeignJoinPaths.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita