On 10/06/2016 10:26 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:
Re: Heikki Linnakangas 2016-10-06 <fd6eb3cc-1585-1469-fd9e-763f8e410...@iki.fi>
I propose the attached patch. It gives up on trying to deal with multiple
key lengths (as noted earlier, OpenSSL just always passed keylength=1024, so
that was useless). Instead of using the callback, it just sets fixed DH
parameters with SSL_CTX_set_tmp_dh(), like we do for the ECDH curve. The DH
parameters are loaded from a file called "dh_params.pem" (instead of
"dh1024.pem"), if present, otherwise the built-in 2048 bit parameters are
used.

Shouldn't this be a GUC pointing to a configurable location like
ssl_cert_file? This way, people reading the security section of the
default postgresql.conf would notice that there's something (new) to
configure. (And I wouldn't want to start creating symlinks from PGDATA
to /etc/ssl/something again...)

Perhaps. The DH parameters are not quite like other configuration files, though. The actual parameters used don't matter, you just want to generate different parameters for every cluster. The key length of the parameters can be considered configuration, though.

- Heikki