On 10/14/16 9:06 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
> And internal/base and internal/global and internal/pg_... because
> these shouldn't be touched by the users either.
>
> I don't think this would lead anywhere.
It'd probably be easier to move the things that are *not* PG internal
(eg: config files, et al) *out* of the data directory and into somewhere
sensible, like /etc ...

I do think it would be an improvement to segregate things users are expected to touch (*.conf and pg_log are what come to mind) from everything else, which could easily be done by moving everything else to an internal/ directory. I agree that's not much of an improvement for pg_[cx]log, but we could create internal/ as well as rename some things.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461